Friday, April 28, 2006

Testimonial form Private Low Kent

wazzup fellow 3rd KL member *or not <__<* Pvt. Low Kent here -___-" its been 9 years now since the day I joined into 3rdKL's Family. I've joined BB since 1997 *earlier then darryn by a few weeks* during that time the jr section was just re-formed *according to sir edward it was closed down before that due to some reason* during my jr days the BB meetings were more tough then my current senior section days and yea sir edward was my officer back then and primer jason khoo hahaha I remember on my 1st day primer jason gave the new recruits some work in one of the classrooms. I passed up the work last because i did it kinda slow. After the session with primer jason it was drill time with sir edward.I remember him asking me "Do you know what drill is?" and I looked around and saw everywhere people marching up and down so I said "erm... marching?" and he said "something like that lah" hahaha. My 2nd year in BB and I was promoted to jr.leading boy *happy happy* . My 3rd year in BB won best-commander award for the KL battalion foot drill competition *oh the backslapping PAIN!!*. Our officer sir edward split us in to 3 squads namely Team A, Team B and Team C. The way he splits us into this squads to some maybe unfair...We are sperated into different squads based on our drill *I was always in team A ^^* Alot of boys that I know since I joined BB *jr and senior section* have already resigned. People like Benedict Ng or Kalidas or Henry Lum or Darryl Ang, James Tan and many more all resigned. I didnt get my gold award T.T!!! OKOK to my senior section days 1st year in senior section already PESTA!!! and suddenly out of the blue our ex-primer wong zhi yie *now known as sir joe* came back and trained the band for pesta. You know.. standing on the field blowing your songs is exhilirating and *though you lose* FUN!!... Now almost all boys in any company will at some point feel tired of BB and feel like quiting but they dont want to, I've had such a problem last year I wanted to quit but i couldnt because everytime I taught of resigning I remember those past 8 years I spent in BB those happy moments *and sad* I showed up whenever I wished, and this sort of got our captain to start asking me about my loyalty in BB. I dont know maybe it was PMR or something... after captain tan spoke with me I realize that I have only 2 choices 1.Resign 2.Be present for every meeting . You can guess which I chose. During 2005 awards and enrolement day I was present but not as a BB boy but as a guest and sir tan said to me "Low Kent, I hope that you will be in uniform next year". And so came 2006 I am now very active during company meetings and alot of people say that I have changed alot, though I dont feel it but other people can see it *hurray for me^^* Though our company has very few boys left from the "old days" and badge standards drop drastically 3rdKL is still my family.



Low Kent


p.s. I always led the whole jr.section to pull voon's "bulu kaki" during camps =) and COLGATE!!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, that time Mr. Zee Yie's name was JOEL wong... then he changed it to JOE wong... hahahahaha

Anonymous said...

Colgate..never gets old =x

Kenny Low Kent said...

sir joe got how many name o.o??